WELDER FABRICATOR – SYDNEY BASED
- Rigging & Scaffolding Company
- Servicing the Entertainment Industry (Film, Concerts & Events)
- In-House Welder Fabricator to Create and Repair Steel Components
- Full Time Position working 40 hours per week
Founded in 1998, Tri-Point Rigging Services was established to service the growing film industry. The company has grown from strength to strength with warehouses in Sydney, Melbourne and the Gold Coast. Tri-Point provides rigging solutions and temporary structures including scaffolding, rigging, truss, staging and grandstand seating to the entertainment industry. Our technically demanding projects span film, television, concerts, theatre and events.
Reporting to the Operations Manager and Company Directors, the Welder Fabricator is responsible for the in-house fabrication of specialised components that complement our existing inventory of equipment, subject to the unique requirements of each project. The position will work closely with our CAD Draftsman, Project and Account Managers.
Key Areas of Accountabilities
- Assembling materials using CAD drawings and diagrams
- MIG & Stick Welding
- Steel fabrication work and structural welding
- Occasional aluminium repair work
- Test building and load testing equipment
- Reporting of any quality control issues
- Measuring and cutting raw materials
- Placing orders for materials, tools and consumables
- Working in conjunction with, and efficiently briefing, the CAD Draftsman as required
Key Selection Criteria
- Relevant structural welding experience essential
- Relevant trade certificate (e.g Cert III in Heavy Fabrication) highly desirable
- Ability to use a variety of hand and power tools and equipment
- Basic math skills and mechanical aptitude
- Ability to read CAD drawings and recognize welding symbols and specifications
- Knowledge of industry safety practices
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Excellent time-keeping skills, and the flexibility to meet tight deadlines
The role offered is full-time (approximately 40hrs per week) on an ongoing casual basis, based at the Sydney Headquarters in Botany. Hourly rate subject to experience.
Appointment to this position is subject to the position holder having residency status and/or possessing a visa with work rights.
To apply for the position, please email a cover letter and up-to-date resume to Victoria Garside, HR Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org