FULL TIME POSITION, SYDNEY BASED
Founded in 1998, Tri-Point Rigging Services was established to service the growing film industry. The company has grown from strength to strength with warehouses now in Sydney, Melbourne and the Gold Coast. Tri-Point provides rigging solutions and temporary structures including scaffolding, rigging, staging and grandstand seating to the entertainment industry. Our technically demanding projects span film, television, concerts, theatre and events.
Reporting to the Operations Manager and Company Directors, the Welder Fabricator is responsible for the in-house fabrication of specialised components that complement our existing inventory of equipment, subject to the unique requirements of each project. The position will work closely with our CAD Draftsman, Project and Account Managers.
Assembling materials using CAD drawings & diagrams
Steel fabrication & structural welding
MIG & Stick Welding
Occasional aluminium repair work
Test building & load testing
Placing orders for materials, tools & consumables
Working in conjunction with the CAD Draftsman as required
Measuring & cutting raw materials
Quality control reporting
Key Selection Criteria
- Relevant structural welding experience essential
- Relevant trade certificate (e.g Cert III in Heavy Fabrication) highly desirable
- Ability to use a variety of hand and power tools and equipment
- Basic math skills and mechanical aptitude
- Ability to read CAD drawings and recognize welding symbols and specifications
- Knowledge of industry safety practices
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Excellent time-keeping skills, and the flexibility to meet tight deadlines
The role offered is full-time (approximately 40hrs per week) on an ongoing casual basis, based at the Sydney Headquarters in Botany. Hourly rate subject to experience.
Appointment to this position is subject to the position holder having residency status and/or possessing a visa with work rights.
To apply for the position, please email a cover letter and up-to-date resume to HR using firstname.lastname@example.org